Social media marketing has become one of the most important aspects of not just advertising, but business as a whole. This is because it’s an essential way to connect with customers, and create curiosity that can turn into loyalty. However, many businesses still don’t put quite enough emphasis on social media marketing. Opting instead for traditional outreach which is far less surgical.
Social Media Makes the World Go Round:
- There are now over 4 billion social media users around the world – that’s almost two thirds the global population.
- Meta Platforms, Inc. (more commonly known as Facebook) continues to be the most popular social network, with roughly 3 billion monthly active users.
- The average person spends approximately 2 hours on social media every day.
- Social media users are expected to increase exponentially as emerging markets and developing countries continue to bridge the technological gap.
- 80% of all internet users are active on social media.
- Of the total time spent online, 48% is now dedicated to social media browsing.
- 60% of consumers believe that social media has a significant impact on their spending habits.
- Almost 60% of all new merchandise is advertised for the first time through social media.
- 3 in 4 young adults now say that social media is their preferred way to communicate with a brand.
- 74% of small businesses attract new customers through social media.
The bottom line is that social media is game-changing. As such, It should be leveraged to maximize the possibilities of mass communication. It’s an incredibly powerful tool that can connect businesses with customers in a way that has never been possible before. Done well, social media marketing can build fortified relationships with customers, increase brand awareness, and drive traffic to points of sale. Are you using social media to its fullest potential? If not, now is the time to start.